In need of a last minute gift? These cute little festive truffles fit the bill perfectly. With no baking time they’re ridiculously quick to make, and you probably have all the ingredients to hand in your kitchen!
When baking I always prefer the taste of cake batter or cookie dough to the finished biscuit/cake. I think it must remind me of being little as it always seemed like such a big treat to be the one that licked the bowl out!
If your kids are the same, make up a batch of this and you don’t need to worry about them consuming the raw eggs left in the mixing bowl.
Once you’ve made your dough, roll it into little balls between the palms of your hands and then roll in whatever toppings you fancy. I tried cocoa powder, dessicated coconut, chopped walnuts and melted dark chocolate.Or why not try some other toppings. How about hundreds and thousands, popping candy or crushed pistachios? If you find a new favourite, do let me know in the comments below.
- 50g butter
- 60g sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon water
- Whichever truffle coatings you fancy
- In a blender cream together the sugar and butter until smooth.
- Take out of the blender and continue with a wooden spoon to avoid overmixing it and making it too heavy.
- Add the flour and cinnamon and tip in the water one tablespoon at a time and mix until all elements are combined
- Measure out each truffle with a teaspoon and roll them in your hands that have been well dusted with flour. Roll each truffle into a coating and pop in the fridge to cool.