These Honey and Sea Salt Roast Nuts make a great gift for anyone that lives for that sweet and salty hit!
Oh hello Honey and Sea Salt Roast Nuts! These guys are SO moreish!
The mix of sweet & salty tastes has become one of my favourite mixes over the past few years.
I used Cornish Sea Salt for mine. Whilst clearly I’m a little biased living on the Cornish coast as I do, surely it has to be the best salt ever?
It is lush!
For another tasty option why not try these roasted cashew nuts, they have a more spicy flavour and sound delish!
- 300 g mixed raw unsalted nuts
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 level teaspoons sea salt
- 4 level teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 300/150/Fan 130/Gas 2
- Cover a baking tray or pan with a liner, either silicone or paper is fine. These beauties stick like superglue so please don't dodge this step!
- Melt the oil & honey in a pan, mixing well.
- Take off the heat, tip in the nuts and mix wildly, making sure every last crumb is covered.
- Tip out onto the covered baking sheet, spreading out with the back of a large spoon until they are in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out and scoop the nuts from the edges into the middle, then spread out flat with the back of the spoon again.
- Pop back in the oven, and repeat, every 5 minutes. Mine were in for 40 minutes altogether, but I use a fan oven so your's may need a little longer or a little less time.
- When the nuts are just starting to take on some colour, remove and let cool on the sheet for around 10 minutes.
- Mix the salt & brown sugar together, and sprinkle generously over the nuts as they are cooling. If they're too hot, the sugar & salt will melt right into them, and if they're too cold the glaze will no longer be sticky enough to grab hold of the sugar & salt. So keep a close eye on when you think they are ready.
- Once covered in the dry mix, spread out for the last time to let cool completely before popping in an air tight container.