This Paprika Pork Fricassee is just bursting with colour, flavour and amazing smells.
It would be delicious made with diced chicken breast instead of pork although honestly, the smoked paprika sauce is man enough to stand up to a completely meat free dish. Take away the pork, add in some small cooked new potatoes, mushrooms and a handful of cashew nuts and I reckon it would be pretty damn fine.
I served it with a big pot of rice, but a fresh baguette would make an equally perfect, and more dunkable, partner.
Paprika Pork Fricassee
- 800 g lean pork diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 500 g passata tinned tomatoes would be fine too
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 orange or yellow pepper sliced
- 1-2 chilli peppers depending on taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Handful of fresh coriander chopped to serve
- Fry pork until it holds a little colour.
- Add in the onion, garlic and peppers and stir fry together for a few minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (minus the fresh coriander) and simmer until bubbling like a witches cauldron. When the meat is fully cooked, sprinkle with the fresh coriander and serve.
Shared with Bangers & Mash
Tammy/Our Neck of the Woods says
I’ll take the veggie version! :) Sounds delicious!
Vanesther - Bangers & Mash says
Your fricasee looks and sounds absolutely divine – I can practically smell that smoky paprika! A wonderful first entry for The Spice Trail challenge. Thank you so much for sharing.
Jane Sarchet says
Aww, thank you Vanesther! Along with chilli, paprika is one of the most used spices in my kitchen, so it was the perfect opportunity to jump in to my very first Spice Trail challenge!
Julie's Family Kitchen says
Your dish looks very inviting and the colours are amazing. It’s definitely something I would like to make.
Jane Sarchet says
Thanks Julie, it was a great feast, one you’ve just reminded me to make again soon :)
Thanks for stopping by!