A simple, light lunch that is perfect when you deserve a little more than a cheese sandwich.
I used a fresh crab that I dressed myself, which admittedly took me ages to dig the meat out of. However, a lot of chefs seem to swear by using tinned crab meat. If you plump for tinned crab, this will be a super speedy, but elegant lunch to rustle up from the store cupboard.
- 300 g noodles or spaghetti
- 1 medium size fresh crab picked clean or a tin of crab meat
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 chilli finely sliced
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- Juice & zest of 1 Lime
- Juice & zest of ½ Lemon
- In a large pan of boiling water, cook the pasta or noodles.
- In another pan, fry the chilli & spring onion in a splash of toasted sesame oil.
- After a couple of minutes, add in all the other ingredients, giving them a minute or two to heat through.
- Drain the pasta, and mix the two together. Pour yourself a large glass of white, and celebrate being awesome.
Tammy/Our Neck of the Woods says
Yum! This sounds like a nice lunch recipe. I love the instructions to “celebrate being awesome.” Haha!
The most important part of lunch, no?
Tilly's Nest says
This looks so delicious! I am always looking for new crab recipes as they are abundant on Cape Cod in the summer. Found you through Amy at Homestead Revival. I would love for you to link up to our hop too! I hope to see you there.~Melissa
Hey Melissa, thanks for stopping by! If crab are abundant, I presume they’re really cheap for you. You lucky thing!
We live on the coast, but the are still pretty pricey here. I hope you get a chance to make this dish next summer, and that you love it!
Gloria Duggan says
I LOVE crab, and pairing it with pasta is such a great idea. Perfect for entertaining too.
Jane Sarchet says
I totally agree Gloria, it’s so quick & easy but impresses EVERYONE! :)