I have very happy memories of making these as a child.
Pancakes on Shrove Tuesday, and these cornflake cakes were my contribution to the family diet. I have no idea where this recipe originally came from, but I recently found it in my childhood, hand scrawled cookbook.
Seems that I’ve always been obsessed with food :)
It is a simple recipe that only takes 5 minutes to knock up, followed by a tedious 20 minutes wait whilst they ‘set’ in the fridge.
- 4 oz plain chocolate 110g
- 2 oz butter 50g
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Cornflakes - enough to coat
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan with butter & syrup.
- When melted mix in cornflakes until all coated. Put spoonfuls into paper cupcake cases and leave in fridge to set.
- I hope you enjoy these as much as I always have!