This beetroot and sweet potato soup is a winner. It’s earthy, sweet and incredibly nutritious. It’s a doddle to knock up a big batch, so why not make extra and freeze any leftover portions for a lazier day.
I first made this soup back in the summer and whilst I was chuffed to bits with the taste, I didn’t share it then as the photos were a little too car-crash for my liking.
As, it turns out, were the second batch of soup/photos.
Third time lucky, these pictures don’t offend my retinas, so I figure I’m safe to finally share this recipe with you!
Beetroot and Sweet Potato Soup
If you’re new to dealing with raw beetroot, it’s worth knowing that beetroot juice stains hands and some surfaces.
Use rubber gloves if you have an important meeting the following morning. And wear an apron to protect your clothes.
Are you a soup demon too? If so, do check out my other soups recipes here. I’d be hard pushed to pick a favourite but the Harissa Baked Butternut Squash Soup and the Sweet Potato, Walnut and Sage Soup would both definitely make the top 5!
- 3 beetroot raw ,topped, scrubbed and chopped
- 3 sweet potato an equal weight,peeled and chopped
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- Water or stock enough to just cover the veggies in the saucepan
- Salt & pepper
- Simmer together the vegetables in the water or stock for 15-20 minutes or until all the veggies are soft.
- Blitz in a blender, pour back into the pan adding boiling water from the kettle if you'd like a thinner soup. Season to taste with the salt and pepper and serve.