My One Pot Campervan Egg Fried Rice is the first of many camping recipes I have lined up to put my sweet little VW T4 campervan to work!
This one pot campervan egg fried rice recipe has been a looooooong time coming!
When I first started looking for my perfect van, it was with the goal of making regular youtube campervan recipe videos. I love camping and cooking over a campfire but the weather in Cornwall doesn’t always make that an easy task. Especially when deadlines are a looming and I need to get decent photos of the recipe. With a campervan kitchen, who cares what the weather throws at us!
I bought Myrtle (my 1995 VW T4) a little over a year ago and in that time have had her completely restored and (mostly) converted into my dream kitchen/office/bedroom on wheels.
This is how she looked when I first bought her…
Yep. Even that beautiful Dartmoor sky can’t hide the fact that she looked a wee bit rough.
However, after six whole weeks in the body shop, she was replaced with this beauty…
She still causes a HUGE smile whenever I catch a glimpse of her. Never having given a hoot about what I drove, so long as it got me to where I needed to be, I find this bizarre but lovely all at the same time. And I especially love when I pass another VW on the road and get the wave and a beaming smile from the other driver. Love it!
Anyway, now she has been formally introduced, I can skip ahead to the recipe!
One Pot Campervan Egg Fried Rice
This is the first of many campervan/camping friendly recipes that I shall be bringing you from Myrtle. Most will be one pot to make light work of the washing up, some will be healthy, and some will be family friendly, and I promise that all will be ridiculously tasty.
If you have any interest in eating decent food when camping or campervanning, then please subscribe to my youtube channel so you don’t miss a thing. And if there are any recipes you’d like me to have a go at making for a specific diet, ingredient or situation then please let me know below or in the youtube comments.
Big love friends, here’s my very first campervan recipe in Myrtle the VW T4 & the written recipe is below :)
- 1 tablespoon of fat (butter, ghee or oil)
- 1 small onion or bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pouch microwavable rice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Chilli flakes to taste
- 3 eggs
- Soy sauce & sweet chilli sauce to serve.
- Heat the fat and fry the onion until softened.
- Add in the pepper and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes
- Add in the rice and spices and stir well. Cook for a few minutes until the rice starts turning golden and smelling toasty.
- Push the rice to the sides of the pan and crack in the eggs. Scramble them and then stir through the rice mixing well.
- Serve with soy and sweet chilli sauce.