If you only ever make one recipe from this website, make it this one. I promise, so long as you like coconut, you will not be disappointed.
I don’t think I have the words to describe them with any justice, so I shan’t even try. Just take my word for it, they are freaking delicious :)
- 110g butter
- 110g sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 75g desiccated coconut
- ½ teaspoon bicarb of soda (baking soda)
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- a little brown sugar to top
- Preheat oven to 400/gas 6/200/180 fan
- Cream the butter, sugar and egg together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and, using some brute strength, mix it to a stiff consistency.
- On a greased baking sheet, pile largish mounds of the mix.
- You'll need to push each lump together ever so slightly, but you don't want to flatten out those rough edges.
- Lightly sprinkle with the brown sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and the edges are just starting to darken.