This Wild Garlic & Walnut Crust is so versatile, turning a plain piece of fish, lamb, chicken or even a Portabello mushroom into something very, very special.
I can’t get enough of wild garlic this year and trying out new ways to cook it has become a bit of an obsession!
So far, I’ve tried this Wild Garlic & Walnut Crust baked on salmon fillets and grilled on lamb chops, but why not try it perched on a chicken breast, stuffed & baked in a large field mushroom or thickly spread under a layer of melted cheese on toast?
If you come up with any other glorious ways to use it, please leave a comment below so I can try it out!
- 1 handful wild garlic leaves, stems & flowers
- 1 handful walnut halves
- 1 tbs olive oil a good slug
- 1 handful breadcrumbs
- Blitz the first 3 ingredients in a food processor or chop really finely with a sharp knife, mixing the oil in when done.
- Season well with salt & black pepper.
- Cook your chop/breast/fillet under a grill or in a frying pan until almost done.
- Spread generously with the garlic and walnut paste. Cover in breadcrumbs and grill for a few minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the meat/fish is fully cooked.