You know that 3pm thing that turns a sane person with a will power of steel into a jibbering wreck clawing at the biscuit tin? Yeah right, me too. Warming Winter Fruit Salad is just the ticket !
In a perfect world a sweet juicy apple would be enough to counteract those afternoon lulls but alas, for me, they don’t. So, at precisely 2.47pm today I decided to pimp my fruit bowl and see if I could cheat my toast & Marmite cravings with a plate of warming winter fruit salad. So far (4.24pm) all is well in the world. The bread bin is safe.
- 1 orange
- 1-2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- A scraping of lemon or lime zest
- Cut the top & the bottom of the orange off. With a sharp knife cut the peel and all the pith off, from top to bottom, around the edges. Cut each segment of the orange out by cutting either side of the membrane between segments.
- Lay the orange slices and pomegranate seeds on a plate. Zest a little of the lemon or lime over the top and sprinkle with a little ground ginger.
- Sit in a quiet corner and enjoy every vibrant mouthful of your pimped fruit salad :)