Pizza cravings had me in the kitchen first thing mixing up a fresh batch of pizza dough. Whilst the dough was rising I popped down to the greengrocers to find the perfect topping and saw the girl behind the counter bagging up some fresh samphire.
Pizza + Samphire? I figured it was worth a try.
I also picked up a small pack of goats cheese to accompany it and traipsed home to my bowl of patiently prooving dough.
I’d made the pizza sauce a couple of days before by skinning some fresh tomatoes and simmering them down with some oregano, seasoning and chilli. A blitz in the blender and it was smooth and perfect to lick over a pizza base.
In no time at all this beautiful, light lunch was ready. The slightly salty samphire was a big hit alongside the creamy yet sharp goats cheese. And the rich home made tomato and chilli pizza sauce brought all the flavours together and made me a very happy girl indeed.
- 1 very thin pizza base
- As much pizza sauce as you like. I went for less on this pizza not wanting to overpower the other flavours and used about 1 heaped tablespoon
- A handful of fresh samphire
- 100 g goats cheese
- 1 heaped tablespoon pine nuts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your over to 250/480/Gas 9
- If you're making your own pizza base, roll and manhandle it out to as flat as possible. The thinner the better.
- Load the base up with the pizza sauce, samphire, chunks of goats cheese and finally a sprinkling of pine nuts. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the base is golden and the cheese melted.