This Pesto Tortilla Pizza is a fresh, quick and vibrant dish and won’t leave you feeling weighed down with a heavy pizza dough.
I’m pretty sure that this pesto tortilla pizza will become a family favourite in no time.
It’s lighter in carbs than traditional pizza, as the base is a really thin tortilla wrap. It’s full of fresh, healthy and tasty flavours and takes zero effort on your part.
In fact, it’s so easy, you can sit back and let the younger members of the family pile up those flavours for you!
I topped my tortilla with a regular basil pesto, but feel free to use a sundried tomato pesto, or even our homemade ramsons pesto.
If you’re using a store bought variety, it’s worth letting it settle in the fridge for a while, then spoon off the oil that rises to the top. Mind you don’t waste that oil – pop it back into the fridge as it makes the most amazing pesto scented roast potatoes!
Next up I added a handful of halved cherry tomatoes and slices of red onion. I finished off with torn shreds of Buffalo mozzarella, black olives and fresh basil leaves.
A classic combo of authentic Italian flavours that make a brilliant mid week meal of very little effort.
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon Giovanni Rana Basil Pesto with Pine Nuts & Garlic
- A few rings of red onion
- 1/2 buffalo mozzarella
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- A sprinkle of black olive slices
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180/250/gas 4
- Lay out 1 tortilla wrap per person onto a baking sheet
- Spread the pesto evenly over the base and then top with the various toppings.
- Bake for around 8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crispy and golden brown.