Need something cheap, sweet & tasty to fill your lunchbox this week? This Fruit and Nut Traybake fits thee bill perfectly !
How about this super easy Fruit and Nut Traybake. It’ll fill a hole, and bop a sweet, after lunch craving right on the head.
If you were to have some chocolate lying round with nothing better to do, feel free to melt that & spread all over the top, but don’t worry if you skip that part.
- 2 eggs
- 125 g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of oil or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 170 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 g chopped dried fruit. Use whatever you have; raisins dates, apricots etc
- 75 g chopped nuts &/or seeds again whatever you have in stock
- Preheat the oven to 190/fan170/375/gas 5
- Grease and line a shallow, baking tray about 30x20cm and an inch or two deep
- Using an electric whisk, whip the sugar & eggs together until foamy
- Add the oil/butter & water and whisk until well combined
- Fold in the flour, fruit & nuts until all signs of the dry ingredients have disappeared
- Pour into the lined tin and spread out even
- Bake for around 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean
- Let coll in the tin to retain its shape, when cool spread melted chocolate over the top if you fancy, cut into slices and store in an air tight tub. I make these on a Sunday for the weeks lunchboxes, and they are still fresh enough to enjoy by Friday.