Fancy shaking up your weekend breakfast? Why not throw together these cute Mini Breakfast Pies for a relaxed brunch.
Just add good friends, and a never ending pot of coffee.
Firstly, gather up some small pans, dishes, bowls or large ramekins, whatever you can find that are oven proof, shallow and around 4 inches in diameter. Line with shortcrust pastry.
Squirt some ketchup, brown sauce or favourite breakfast condiment into the pastry case and smooth round with a teaspoon.
Add some finely chopped mushrooms. Make a well in the centre and crack in an egg.
Layer over some smoked streaky bacon, latticing it as if you were making a very fancy apple pie.
Trim the bacon to around a half inch overhang, and tuck the ends neatly into the sides of the pie.
Bake, serve and delight in just how fabulous your mates think you and your mini breakfast pies are.
Happy weekend breakfast :)
- 50 grams Shortcrust pastry
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 handfull Mushrooms to cover base
- 1 Eggs
- 3 rashers Streaky bacon
- Preheat the oven to 180/350/gas 4.
- Line a small tray, tin or baking dish with shortcrust pastry.
- Smear the base with a little ketchup, brown sauce or other favourite breakfast condiment.
- Top with the diced mushrooms, spreading them out to the side to make room for the egg to nestle in the centre.
- Carefully crack an egg into the centre of each dish, and finally top with the streaky bacon. Either take the time to lattice it as I have done, or if you don't have the time, just chop the bacon up and layer it over the top of each pie.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Feeling inspired to pimp your weekend breakfasts? If so, check out my other weekend brunch treats here – there’s something for everyone whether you’re in a sweet or savoury mood.