Fancy shaking up your weekend breakfast? Why not throw together these cute Mini Breakfast Pies for a relaxed brunch. Just add good friends, and a never ending pot of coffee.
Happy weekend breakfast :)
- 50 grams Shortcrust pastry
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 handfull Mushrooms to cover base
- 1 Eggs
- 3 rashers Streaky bacon
- Preheat the oven to 180/350/gas 4.
- Line a small tray, tin or baking dish with shortcrust pastry.
- Smear the base with a little ketchup, brown sauce or other favourite breakfast condiment.
- Top with the diced mushrooms, spreading them out to the side to make room for the egg to nestle in the centre.
- Carefully crack an egg into the centre of each dish, and finally top with the streaky bacon. Either take the time to lattice it as I have done, or if you don't have the time, just chop the bacon up and layer it over the top of each pie.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Feeling inspired to pimp your weekend breakfasts? If so, check out my other weekend breakfast treats here – there’s something for everyone whether you’re in a sweet or savoury mood.