My best friend came and helped me file my tax return today. I’ve always used an accountant in the past, but since closing my acupuncture business I really can’t justify the expense.
I figured any friend that would willingly help with such tedious task deserved a lunch that was a little fancy. Maybe even a little cheffy.
Thank you Lizzy, I hope the lunch and gossip was worth it!
- 2 baby aubergines or 1 large one
- 4 medium tomatoes
- Goats cheese I used a soft goats cheese but use whatever you fancy. Haloumi would be another great choice, which you could griddle along with the veggies
- Melted butter dripping or oil
- Heat a griddle pan on the hob till smokingly hot. Slice the veggies & cheese into centimetre thick slices. Brush both sides of the veggies with the oil.
- Pop the slices of aubergine & tomato (and Haloumi of you're using) on the griddle and leave for a few minutes. Once you get those lovely, blackened stripes from the ridges in the pan, turn them over and cook the other side.
- Layer them all up, as high as you want. drizzle with any juices left in the pan and serve with some fresh green leaves and a chunk of bread.