This simple Coronation Egg sandwich recipe takes a plain ol’ simple egg mayo to the next level. Give it a go, you won’t be disappointed :)
We can’t get enough of these amazing Coronation Egg Sandwich. Gone are the plain old Egg Mayo and even the Curried Egg filling. When we have a glut of eggs, this is the only way to go.
Ta Da! As the good fella’s of Masterchef say, ‘It doesn’t, get better, than this!’
- 6 Eggs older eggs are better for hard boiling as the shells slide off easily
- 1/2 onion chopped finely
- 1 stick celery finely chopped
- 1 handful sultanas
- 1-2 tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon mango chutney
- Sprinkle of curry powder
- A man-sized pinch of Cornish Sea Salt Have you tried this smoked one? It's adorable
- Hard-boil your eggs (10 mins), rinse under cold water (to stop the egg yolk turning grey), and shell.
- Put eggs back in the rinsed out saucepan you boiled them in (I'm all about saving on the washing up), mash them with a potato masher, chuck everything else in and stir.
- At this point taste. This mango chutney I currently have is a sweet one and I once put too much of it in and it tasted awful. Balance out the different flavours until it all makes your taste buds happy. Make sure there is enough mayo in to bind it together so it'll stay put in your sandwiches.