Last weekend my Mum hosted a fundraiser for St Luke’s Hospice, the amazing place my Dad spent his final weeks.
I spent the day before baking cakes and day itself eating cakes. My blood sugar has only just come back down to earth, and here I find myself baking you all something sweet to break up a week of otherwise savoury recipes.
I hope you appreciate the sacrifice I make for you all :)
As apricots are now in season go grab a bag of them real cheap and knock up these tasty, filling muffins to make the tummy’s in your family very, very happy.
- 280 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 75 g sugar plus more for dusting the tops before baking
- 50 g dessicated coconut
- 1 egg beaten
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 150 ml milk or water
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 175 g chopped fresh apricots
- Preheat the oven to 190/375/gas 5. Line a muffin tray with muffin cases. If you're a cupcake tray & cases, you'll get more than 12 and they'll need less cooking time.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder and bicarb. Add the sugar and coconut and mix well.
- In a jug, combine the egg, oil, milk/water and mashed banana.
- Pour the wet into the dry. Add the apricots and stir the mixture gently until there are no dry ingredients left showing. Try not to over mix.
- Scoop into the cases. Sprinkle with the extra sugar and bake for around 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.