These Chocolate Valentine’s Cookies are dairy free, so simple to throw together, and guaranteed to prove your undying love to a sweet toothed lover ;)
Love is in the air here at Hedgecombers HQ, and to celebrate all things smoochworthy, I made Jonny some loved up chocolate cookies.
I made them dairy free so that I could scoff them too.
That my friends is true love, right there :)
PS if you fancy icing your cookies too, try the icing recipe I used in my Gluten Free Snowflake Cookies. It’s dead easy and doesn’t run or otherwise misbehave. Feel free to pimp it with as much food colouring as your heart desires :)
- 225 g plain flour
- 100 g sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 110 ml vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 190/375/gas 5
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl. Add the other ingredients and mix together until you have a soft dough.
- Lightly flour the work surface. Take half the dough and gently roll it out until it as thick as a £1 coin.
- Using a sharp knife or a cookie cutter, cut out whatever shapes you fancy. There are no rules here so let your imagination take over.
- Use a fish slice or a palette knife to gently slide the cookies onto a baking sheet. Keep rolling and cutting out the leftover dough until it is all used up.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of your cookies - my large heart measured about 6 inches high and that took 11 minutes to bake perfectly.
- Using the fish slice/spatula slide the hot cookies off the baking sheet to a marble slab or cool work surface to fully cool down.
- If you'd like to ice your cookies as I have, follow the link above to find my icing recipe.