This Chicken, Orange and Watercress Salad is a real hit with the juicy citrus, sticky balsamic glazed chicken and fresh watercress.
This is one of those salads that takes no take time to throw together but looks and tastes like you’ve spent an age preparing it.
The chicken is coated in a sticky orange and balsamic vinegar glaze and utterly tastes divine. The recipe below feeds two people, but why not double up the batch of chicken and keep the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrows packed lunch. You’ll be so pleased you did :)
- 1 tablespoon of your favourite fat or oil
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into bite size chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 oranges
- 2 big handfuls of watercress
- Slice the top and bottom off the oranges. Run a sharp knife down each side to remove the peel and pith. Slice out each out each segment of the orange, saving the juice and removing any pips as you go.
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan.
- Pat the chicken dry if necessary, season with salt and pepper, then carefully pop in the hot oil. Leave for a couple of minutes to let the chicken start to colour underneath.
- Give a stir and cook until the chicken has cooked through. Splash in the orange juice and balsamic vinegar and let the sauce reduce, sweeten and become syrupy.
- Layer up the watercress, orange segments and chicken and enjoy.
Glamorous Glutton says
Ooh this sounds like a great combo, perfect for supper or a dinner dish. GG
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry says
I am looking for simple but lovely recipes for our uni friends reunion next month and this one is spot on.
Jane Sarchet says
Perfect, glad to have helped :)
Ceri Jones says
Love the combination of orange and watercress, I had it yesterday. Think its the sweetness balancing with the bitterness. This salad looks delish and I love how simple it is!