You gotta love these little slices of eggy goodness and it’s a great way to use up the last of the eggs whilst camping.
Use a cup or a mug to cut a circle out of the bread, or use a small, sharp knife and let your imagination run wild. If you are going to serve with bacon, cook that first and then fry the Holy Eggs in the bacon grease. Double Yum!
- Per person;
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 egg
- oil or butter
- Heat a frying pan over the fire or gas stove.
- Cut a hole out of each slice of bread, ensuring the crust meets all the way round.
- Butter or oil one side of the holy bread, lay down in the hot pan and crack the egg into the hole.
- Reduce the heat, letting the egg cook slowly to avoid the bread burning.
- Flip to cook the other side, adding a little butter or oil if necessary.