This gigantic batch of cookie dough makes about 24 or so large biscuits, so if you’re not planning to feed a small army or eat yourself into oblivion, bake as many as you want, and freeze the rest of the dough for a day when you can’t be bothered to start from scratch.
DO NOT bake them all if you are home alone, and have the will power of a gnat. Just saying.
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g oats
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 300 g dark brown sugar or a mix of dark brown & white
- 225 g butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to Fan 160c / 180c / 350f / Gas 4
- Mix the softened butter and sugar until well blended. Stir in the eggs and honey and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add everything else, including the variation ingredients from below if you're using, and mix just until there are no dry ingredients showing.
- Drop walnut sized lumps onto a baking sheet an inch or two apart (they will spread during cooking so not too near the edge).
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the cookies are light golden brown. Using a spatula move them onto a flat work surface or chopping board immediately. Don't use a cooling rack as they are a bit too soft.
- Once cool, hide them really, really well :)
How To Freeze Cookie Dough
Set the raw dough balls out on the baking sheet and freeze overnight or until frozen hard.
Pop the frozen balls of dough into a freezer bag and take out as many as you need at a time. Place on a baking sheet and cook from frozen, adding an extra 10 minutes on the cooking time.
Mix any of the following into the basic dry mix to make a whole new flavour sensation!
Add; 150g sultanas or other dried fruit and 100g chopped nuts
Add; 150g Glace cherries and 100g desiccated coconut
Add; Zest of 1 lemon, 1 tsp Lemon extract and 1 tbsp Poppy seeds