After my recent marathon French Onion Soup making session (seriously, 9 hours?) I rebelled. A quick of frying of some onion & garlic and a bag of frozen sweetcorn and this yummy sweetcorn soup was on the table in 10 minutes. Hallelujah and Amen. Lizzy joined me for this sunny bowl of lunch in her annual guise as my fairy tax~mother, submitting my tax return for me. Last year I remember making her a very fancy lunch to repay her kindness, in the form of these Griddled Baby Aubergine and Goats Cheese Towers so I hope she doesn’t feel too hard done by with this super simple soup that took just minutes to knock up. Lizzy, I promise I’ll put more effort in next year ;)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 litre of stock or 1/2 litre of boiling water & a stock cube
- 450g bag of frozen sweetcorn
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Fry the onion in the oil until it start to looks transparent. Add the garlic, water/stock & sweetcorn and bring up to a simmer.
- Add the smoked paprika and blitz with a stick blender until smooth and creamy. Taste and season as necessary.