However there’s something so clean and simple about this rustic version, and we both loved it. Do give it go next time you’re about to plunge your stick blender into your pan.
I used a beef Oxo cube as I was after a deep rich soup base, so I didn’t add any extra salt. If you’re making it with some home made stock (chicken is perfect and super nourishing) taste and season the soup accordingly.
- 300 g carrots young ones are sweeter and less woody, chopped
- 1 beef oxo cube
- 1.5 pints water or stock
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 25 g of fresh coriander small bunch, chopped
- Add the carrots, stock/water & stock cube to a pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer the carrots for around 10 minutes.
- Add the ground coriander and pepper, then taste and season with salt if necessary.
- When the carrots are cooked just how you like them (I prefer a slight bit of bite left in them), take off the heat, stir through the fresh coriander and spring onions then serve with some yummy bread on the side.