Hiding vegetables in cakes & muffins is a great way to encourage littlies to ‘eat their greens’ (or oranges in this case), and it also gives you a super moist cake that stays fresh for several days. And these beauties smell intoxicating whilst they’re cooking!
- 275 g plain flour
- 110 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb or soda baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 75 g sultanas
- 1 egg
- 75 ml water
- 275 g grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 75 ml veg oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375f / 190c / 170fan / gas 5.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases. Muffins are larger than cupcakes, so if you only have cupcake cases & trays you will have some mix left over and you'll need to reduce the time in the oven.
- Sift & mix all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients well in a jug, ensuring the egg is well beaten.
- Pour the wet into the dry, and mix just until no dry spots can be seen. Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when poked into the centre and they spring back when pressed lightly.
- Lay out on a cooling rack.