For the record, this Red Kale & Butter Bean Soup would work just as well with regular kale, or any dark green leafy veg for that matter.
Red Kale & Butter Bean Soup (Lima Bean)
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 potato large ,diced
- 1 can butter beans drained or the equivalent soaked and cooked lima beans
- 2 handfuls kale large ,chopped
- 800 ml ham stock any stock will work, ham just gives a meaty depth that is deeply satisfying
- Fry off the onion until translucent and soft. Add in the garlic, potato & stock simmering until the potato is almost cooked.
- Add the beans and kale, simmering for another 5 minutes.
- Taste & season, if you are using ham stock, you probably won't need to add any salt.
- Either serve as is, or blend for a creamy version.