This colourful and healthy Zingy Couscous Salad lunch took just minutes to make.
Use whatever veggies you’ve got hiding in the bottom of the fridge. Add some frozen sweetcorn or peas, they’ll have defrosted within and hour or two, some olives, chopped fruit, or some pulled meat from last nights roast.
Don’t forget to add a good seasoning as couscous is very bland and needs some life injecting. This soy sauce & lemon juice dressing is perfect, light and delicious. My good buddy Bintu has an even simpler guide on how to cook couscous here.
- 50 g couscous rinsed in cold water
- Boiling water from the kettle
- ½ red onion
- 3 spring onions
- 1 carrot
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Place the rinsed couscous in a heat proof bowl. Cover with boiling water straight from the kettle, and leave to absorb for 10 minutes.
- Chop the onion, spring onion, carrot. If the sun dried tomatoes are in oil, just chop . However, if they are dried, leave to soak for 5 mins in a cup of hot water first to soften. I soaked my sultanas at the same time so they were really juicy and sweet.
- After 10 minutes, 'fluff' the coucsous with a fork and add all the other ingredients. Mix well and pop into tubs for lunchtime.