Got a few bananas going brown in the fruit bowl? Yep me too.
This super simple loaf uses up 3 at a time. The fruit stops the loaf drying out so it’ll stay fresh and moist for a few days. If, of course, it lasts that long!
- 110 g butter softened
- 25 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 bananas mashed. The riper the better
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 225 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- A little water to bind
- Preheat the oven to 325/170/gas 3. Grease a loaf tin really well, then sprinkle with flour.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, bananas and zest.
- Slowly mix in the sieved flour, adding a tablespoon or two of water to bind the ingredients together if necessary.
- Scrape out into the loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cook on a cooling rack.