Fancy something other than a sandwich for lunch?
This frittata will fill your belly a treat. The potato will leave you full, whilst the chorizo will make you feel a little bit spoilt.
And there’s nothing at all wrong with that.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large potato
- 6 eggs beaten
- 75 g chorizo diced and cooked
- Good sprinkling of parmesan or extra mature cheddar
- Preheat the grill.
- Grate the raw potato into a clean tea towel and dry well.
- Fry the onion in a little oil in a large frying pan until soft, add the potato and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down low and add the beaten eggs, chorizo, garlic and season well. Stir well to incorporate all the ingredients, then level out the egg mixture.
- Leave to cook for around 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top, and pop under the grill until the egg is set and golden brown on top.
- Leave to cool before cutting up for the lunch box.