A healthy, creamy sauce for noodles, that is literally bursting with flavour.
To keep all the flavours fresh, clean and sharp, I left the sauce raw and at room temperature but you could heat it gently when mixing with the noodles if you wanted to.
- 2 nests of egg noodles or pasta
- 2 avocados
- 8 cherry tomatoes quartered
- a little red chilli pepper diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- a pinch of poppy seeds to decorate
- Cook the noodles.
- In a small food processor, blend the avocado, oil, lemon juice and chilli pepper until it becomes a fragrant, creamy, almost mousse like sauce. Alternatively, mash with the back of a fork until as smooth as you can get it.
- Drain the noodles and stir half of the sauce and the tomato wedges in through them. Tip into 2 bowls, adding the second half of the sauce on the top.
- Sprinkle with the poppy seeds and serve immediately.