My weekend was spent dancing, laughing and drinking cider at the annual Looe Music Festival. We had such an amazing time, the line up was very impressive this year with The Darkness headlining (and being one of my two favourite acts of the whole weekend, the other being Oompah Brass. So. Much. Fun!)
However, the ridiculous amount of Cornish Orchard cider I got through, combined with the late nights have since caught up with me. I find myself surrounded by empty tissue boxes and feeling just a tad sorry for myself.
Is there a better comfort breakfast than porridge? I think not. But plain and simple just wouldn’t hit the mark today, I needed some extra love in that bowl of oaty goodness. I needed to feel spoilt and soothed. Enter Plum & Cinnamon Porridge, stage left…
- 50-100g of oats, depending on how big a breakfast you need
- 1 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon
- Enough water to make up into porridge
- 3 plums, washed & chopped
- If you're in a hurry, boil the kettle and use that water to cook your porridge. Starting with cold water is fine too.
- In a pan mix the oats, water & cinnamon. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- After around 3 or 4 minutes, or when the porridge is at the consistency you like, add the chopped plums and stir through. Serve with a sprinkle of brown sugar on top if you need an extra little boost :)